What does this accounting serviceoption provide?
This accounting serviceoption is offered to a consumer customer whose site is connected to the Public Transmission System (PTS), having a generation unit or units at this site (same SIRET) and wishing to access the electricity market to sell the energy produced by this generation unit or units, whether in feed in tariff (obligation d’achat), in feed in premium (complement de remuneration) or otherwise.
This accounting serviceoption allows the following energy flows to be assigned separately to balance responsible parties:
- The energy consumed at your consumption site
- The energy produced by the generation unit(s) at the same site (same SIRET)
How do I subscribe?
The contracting steps are as follows
You need to request RTE to install meters.
You then need to:
- contract with RTE an Optional Services Contract (Contrat de Prestations Annexes) in order to subscribe to the "accounting service : option C", and choose the billing terms (cheque, wire transfer or direct debit).
- accept your CART update, to take into account the new meters.
- designate a balance responsible party for the generation unit(s), providing an attachment agreement (Annex C7) in accordance with the MA-RE Terms and Conditions (Section 2).
- inform the balance responsible party of the consumption facility part of the subscription to the accounting service
- designate a balance responsible party for the generation unit(s), providing an attachment agreement (Annex C6) in accordance with the MA-RE Terms and Conditions (Section 1).
- if applicable, include the generation unit(s) in a balancing entity (BE) as part of the balancing mechanism.
To subscribe to this option:
- The lead client holds a CART for consumer customers.
- He hold you hold an operating permit for the generation unit(s), with the same SIRET as your consumption site.
The minimum duration of subscription for the service is one year.
You can subscribe to this option only once for a same site.
If the service is terminated, RTE shall, at its cost, proceed with the removal of metersassociated with the service previously subscribed to.
Service tariff or fee
The charges consist of:
- A fee for management costs on subscription to the service: 6720 Euros
- Of a set annual management fee: 720 Euros/year
- If applicable, a fee for management costs related to the modification/reconfiguration of the service. This includes the balance responsible party change: 2560 Euros per modification/reconfiguration
- If necessary, a set fee in case of voluntary islanding : 100 Euros/ voluntary islanding
These fees are billed semi-annually.
To this are added the metering fees provided for in the TURPE:
- Annual metering component HV-B per meter: see the fees in the brochure on the Understanding the public transmission system access tariff (TURPE) page”
- This rate is updated annually as of 1 August.
These fees are billed monthly and are included in the monthly invoice of the CART.
 Voluntary islanding is a temporary disconnection from the PTS and a self-supply of electricity to protect against any incidents resulting from the public transmission system. In this case, the generation facility no longer has access to the market and non-zero injection flows measured on the metering of the hosted generation (production en décompte)must be suspended (set to zero) for the metering of flows under the balance responsible party system.
For further information, please access to the library to read following documents:
Optional Services Contract (2022/04/01 version)
CART for consumer customers
SEPA mandate (if applicable)
Voluntary islanding request form (if applicable)
Rules relating to Scheduling, the Balancing Mechanism and Recovery of Balancing Charges (section 2, including annexe C7)
Rules relating to Scheduling, the Balancing Mechanism and Recovery of Balancing Charges (Section 1, including annex C6)