+ RTE is holding this seminar to help you better understand the issues associated with power system reliability in your region and the importance of your contribution to the process.
The AESS seminar - “Ensuring power system reliability together” is intended for our operational customer contacts who may be impacted by RTE's actions or who need to carry out operations related to the reliability of the system.
One of RTE’s missions is to optimise the management of the grid to ensure power system reliability and quality of service to our customers. To do this, we must perform operations on the PTS to prevent large-scale incidents or, where appropriate, to limit their consequences.
Ensuring system reliability is the responsibility of all market participants.
As an electricity market participant, your actions are critical to the process.
It is therefore fundamental for RTE to provide you with a better understanding of our operations and the actions required.
Dates of sessions 2021
NB: The operating areas described in the seminar will correspond to the scale of the Regional Operations Centre. We therefore advise you register in the region you depend on for your activities.
- Duration: one day
- 2 sessions per year per region (in-person or distance depending on health situation)
- Capacity: 6 to 16 participants per session
- RTE's grid reliability missions and the commitments of transmission system users
- Operating areas
- Frequency, flow and/or voltage degradation factors
- "Normal" systems to prevent degradation of frequency, flow and/or voltage.
- "Exceptional" systems to back up the power system in a downgraded situation
- The post-market context, the balancing mechanism
- Actions expected from the electricity market participants
How to register for the seminar
Your customer service department will get back to you depending on availability and confirm your registration by email. They will also provide you with all the logistical information from the seminar.
To participate in the seminar, you are required to:
- hold a Transmission System Access Contract (CART)
Service tariff or fee
This service is included in your contract (lunch included for in-person sessions).
For additional queries, please contact your account manager.