Demand response call for tenders
The demand response call for tenders is a device to support the development of the demand response industry in order to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the French Multiannual Energy Programme, under Article l271.4 of the French Energy Code. The terms of the call for tenders are set by the Minister of Energy and the Economy, after consultation and a proposal from RTE.
This call for tenders provides additional remuneration to that of the capacity mechanism, in the form of a "contract for difference", the amount of this additional remuneration depends on the price level on the capacity mechanism.
All extraction site capable of carrying out demand response, can apply for the call for tender, with the exception of :
- sites that realise load reductions using conventional means of self-production diesel);
- sites (with characteristics of lot 2) that have already benefited from the support system for four years (including participation in rapid and additional reserves for 2017)
- sites benefiting from interruptible load. Nevertheless, the sites have the possibility of applying in parallel to the interruptibility call for tenders and to withdraw from the commitments of demand response call for tenders, if they are selected in the interruptibility call for tenders (see modalities in Specifications).
Candidates selected following each call for tenders are designated by the Minister in charge of Energy. They are awarded a contract with RTE, under the conditions of the specifications for the call for tenders concerned, to receive remuneration for their demand response capacities.
Each call for tenders has two lots:
- Lot 1, reserved for sites with a contract power less than or equal to 1 MVA (low voltage) and 1 MW (HVA),
- Lot 2, reserved for sites with a contract power greater than or equal to 1 MVA (low voltage) and 1 MW (HVA),
Applying for the demand response call for tenders
The call for tenders is public: you may answer directly as an extraction site or via a demand response operator. The application form is available on the e-commerce portal. To access the application platform:
- create an account on the BravoSolution platform by clicking on the following link: https://rte-france.bravosolution.com/fr/login.html
- email the completed expression of interest form to the following address to make yourself known to RTE email@example.com
Your application must meet the requirements of the call for tenders specifications, available on the e-commerce platform and below.
The timetable for the calls for tender
2021 call for tenders is open on April 1, 2020 over a period of 6 months.
Deadlines for the 2021 call for tenders:
- Questions relating to the demand response call for tenders: 30 July 2020.
- The filing administrative and technical documents of bids: 4 September 2020 at 10:00.
- Submission of tenders and documentation relating to the financial offer: October 1st, 2020 at 10:00.
Commitments under the demand response call for tenders
By contracting via the demand response call for tenders, you undertake to provide your demand response capacity for a minimum availability period for the balancing mechanism and/or NEBEF mechanism.
Several options for providing capacity are possible, at the candidate's choice. For some of these options, the provision of capacity must be made on the days indicated, which correspond to days of highest voltage on the electrical system (but respecting a minimum number of days offered, whatever the conditions electrical system):
- The laureates who have contracted the so-called "P20" commitment must offer their demand response capacity contracted on the adjustment mechanism and / or NEBEF at least 20 days among the days marked "MiDiC";
- The laureates who have contracted the so-called "PP2" commitment must offer their demand response capacity contractualized on the balancing mechanism and / or NEBEF on the days marked "PP2" of the capacity mechanism.
RTE published :
- Days signaled "MiDiC" on the Data portal via the Demand Response Signal API and on the Services Portal.
- "PP2" days on the Data portal via the Signal (PP1-PP2 Market) API and on the Services Portal.
Find out more
If you require further information on the call for tenders, you can send questions via the e-commerce portal https://rte-france.bravosolution.com/fr/login.html before the deadline for questions mentioned above. Replies to the questions are made public on the platform, at the latest one month after the request.
- Expression of Interest Annex
Call for tenders 2021
Call for tenders 2020
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2020
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2020
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2020
Call for tenders 2019
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2019
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2019
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2019
Call for tenders 2018
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2018
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2018
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2018
Your sales representative or firstname.lastname@example.org is at your disposal for any additional information.