Demand response call for tenders
The demand response call for tenders is a support mechanism organized each year to promote the development of the demand response industry in order to achieve the objectives of the French Multiannual Energy Programme, under Article l271.4 of the French Energy Code. The demand response call for tenders is not permitted for load reductions achieved through conventional means of self-generation (diesel) and for sites benefiting from interruptible load.
Candidates selected following each call for tenders are designated by the Minister in charge of Energy. They are awarded a contract with RTE, under the conditions of the specifications for the call for tenders concerned, to receive remuneration for their demand response capacities.
Each call for tenders has two lots:
- Lot 1, reserved for sites with a contract power less than or equal to 1 MVA (low voltage) and 1 MW (HVA),
- Lot 2, reserved for sites with a contract power greater than or equal to 1 MVA (low voltage) and 1 MW (HVA),
Applying for the demand response call for tenders
The call for tenders is public: you may answer directly as an extraction site or via a demand response operator. The application form is available on the e-commerce portal. To access the application platform:
- create an account on the BravoSolution platform by clicking on the following link: https://rte-france.bravosolution.com/fr/login.html.
- email the completed expression of interest form to the following address to make yourself known to RTE firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must meet the requirements of the call for tenders specifications, available on the e-commerce platform and below
The timetable for the calls for tender
Each call to tender is open for a period of 6 months, within which fall the deadlines below.
Deadlines for the 2020 call for tenders:
- Questions relating to the demand response call for tenders: 25 July 2019
- The filing administrative and technical documents of bids: 6 September 2019 at 10:00
- Submission of tenders and documentation relating to the financial offer: 25 September 2019 at 10:00
Commitments under the demand response call for tenders
By contracting via the demand response call for tenders, you undertake to provide your demand response capacity for a minimum availability period for :
- rapid and complementary reserves,
- or the balancing mechanism and/or NEBEF mechanism.
RTE published demand response tender days signaled for the “P20” commitment on the Data portal via the Demand Response Signal API and on the Services portal. These days are days of tension in the energy market or in the electricity system. Parties awarded who have contracted the "P20" commitment undertake to ensure availability of their capacity on the balancing mechanism and/or NEBEF over 20 days among the days reported by RTE.
Find out more
If you require further information on the call for tenders, you can send questions via the e-commerce portal https://rte-france.bravosolution.com/fr/login.html before the deadline for questions mentioned above. Replies to the questions are made public on the platform, at the latest one month after the request.
- Expression of Interest Annex
Call for tenders 2020
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2020
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2020
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2020
Call for tenders 2019
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2019
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2019
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2019
Call for tenders 2018
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2018
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2018
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2018
Your sales representative or email@example.com is at your disposal for any additional information.