+ In the event of unscheduled unavailability of the subsea part of the evacuation network of a generation facility located at sea, RTE will be liable for a penalty if the service to the subsea part of the evacuation network is not fully restored within a maximum of 60 days, thereby ensuring the evacuation of all available power from the offshore generation facility by the end of this period.
You have or plan to have wind farms with offshore platforms fixed to the seabed and the grid connection structure consists of two 225 kV HVAC (AC) cables. The service also applies to a single 225 kV cable configuration to cover the temporary period for building the connecting elements during which only one link will be in service.
You wish to request RTE to repair, within a maximum of 60 days, any damage that has occurred on the subsea part of the evacuation network of your electricity generation facility in the event of unscheduled downtime of the evacuation network.
At your request, RTE will be liable to you for a penalty in case of non-compliance with this period.
The conditions for payment of this penalty are as follows:
- Waiting period: RTE is liable for a penalty when service to the subsea part of the evacuation network is not fully restored within 60 days of the unavailability of the connection.
- Amount: The amount of the penalty paid is proportional to the unavailable evacuation capacity of the connection and depending on the duration of the unscheduled unavailability found; it amounts to 200€/day/MW between the 61st and 365th day of total unavailability of the subsea part of the connection.
- Ceiling: the penalty ceases to be due after the 365th day of unavailability.
To qualify for this personalised service, you must
- hold a Generator Transmission System Access Contract (CART)
- subscribe to the service through the optionnal services contract
- subscribe to the service for a duration of 5 years.
The rate includes:
- A fixed annual share: depending on the number of submarine cables and the unavailable evacuation capacity of the connection;
- A variable annual share: depending on the number and length of submarine cables and the unavailable evacuation capacity of the connection.