Four e-learning courses have been developed by RTE and EPEXSPOT Power Exchange experts
These training courses are available in English, French and German on EPEXSPOT e-learning platform.
Pour vous inscrire ou vous renseigner sur les tarifs, click here.
Registration gives access to one or more courses to 1 user for 1 year. Packages for several users and/or several courses are available.
To test in 3 mn your knowledge about Flow-Based, click here.
E-learning courses content
Module 1 : Refresh your knowledge about TSOs and ATC
TSO' s role: Roles of TSOs / Different timeframes to determine cross-border capacities (yearly, monthly auctions ) / Timing of the cross-border capacity calculation in the day-ahead auction process.
ATC: How are ATCs calculated? Which results, when and who for?/ Benefits of ATC market coupling / Next step: Flow-Based. Why? Flow-Based benefits compared to ATC Capacity Calculation.
Module 2 : Understand Flow-Based methodology
- General concepts and principles: Physical flows versus commercial flows, net position and Ptdfs definition / Critical branches / Relationship between margins, ptdfs and Net Positions / FB domain construction (versus ATC domain) / LT nominations impacts.
- Which results are available, when and who for?
- Impacts on prices: No congestion case / Congestion case: what are the impacts on prices? / Relationship between prices and Ptdfs.
Module 3 : Learn more about Flow-Based capacity calculation
- How do TSOs calculate the different data provided?: Common Grid Model (Base Case) and critical branches / Zonal and nodal Ptdfs / Generation Shift Key (GSK) conceptual approach / Flow Reliability Margin (FRM) / Grid remedial Actions.
- Calcul de l’ATC infra journalier et shadow auctions.
- Articulation entre la méthodologie Flow-Based dans CWE et les autres projets de couplage sur le Day-Ahead (couplage hybride).
Module 4 : Grasp Flow-Based parameters and the impacts for traders
- Comparison before/after Flow-Based: Countries involved in the Flow-Based methodology / Process comparison in terms of data provided + timing / How data were made available to users in ATC? How will they be in FB? Which outputs were/are available (Margins, Ptdfs, critical branches.
- Expected FB market coupling impacts: Convergence/spreads/welfare.
- Impacts on trading: Understand the specificities of market price formation under flow-based constraints: Thorough explanation of the plain and intuitive solutions / How to use the utility tool?