Following the approval of the specifications by the Minister of Energy, RTE is launching a new demand response call for tenders for 2021.
This system, approved by the European Commission on February 7, 2018, provides support to the demand response capacities in France with an annual call for tenders until 2023.
The terms of the call for tenders are set by the Minister of Energy and the Economy, after consultation and a proposal from RTE.
This call for tenders provides additional remuneration to that of the capacity mechanism, in the form of a "contract for difference", the amount of this additional remuneration depends on the price level on the capacity mechanism.
All extraction site capable of carrying out demand response, can apply for the call for tenders, with the exception of:
- sites that realise load reductions using conventional means of self-production diesel);
- sites (with characteristics of lot 2) that have already benefited from the support system for four years (including participation in rapid and additional reserves for 2017);
- sites benefiting from interruptible load. Nevertheless, the sites have the possibility of applying in parallel to the interruptibility call for tenders and to withdraw from the commitments of demand response call for tenders, if they are selected in the interruptibility call for tenders (see modalities in Specifications).
For 2021, the maximum volume that can be contracted for the demand response call for tenders is fixed at the maximum level authorized by the European Commission, taking into account the possibilities of carrying forward the volumes authorized from previous years and not contracted. This volume is 7,507 MW MW, of which 2,524 MW is reserved for subscribed power sites of 1 MW or less.
Applicants may submit their tenders until October 1st, 2020, according to the schedule below.
- Deadline to ask your questions related to the DSM tenders: July 30, 2020.
- Deadline for filing administrative and technical documents for tenders: September 4, 2020 at 10 a.m.
- Deadline for submitting tenders and documents related to the financial proposition: October 1st, 2020 at 10 a.m.
Find all the information on the page Benefit from a support mechanism for the demand response industry.
April 01, 2020